Who knew? Well in all fairness, it seems that Citizen Jane did. She has tossed out a challenge to us ladies, and that challenge is this:
"One thing I love about my body is…"
Tough one, yes? Yes. She will be issuing a challenge each week and you can bet yer bippy I'm going to take part. I just dated myself horribly, didn't I. Oh well, you youngsters who didn't get it are just lacking in your understanding of great classic comedy.
So on to today's challenge.
What do I love about my body? This is difficult because like every other woman I know, I don't like very much about it. My hair is graying beneath all that L'Oreal, my weight is as stuck as an old outhouse door (and yes, I have seen a stuck outhouse door and it wasn't pretty), and my skin is beginning to show 'laugh lines' in more places than I have smiles.
But in spite of all of that, I have great legs. No matter what my weight has done, it has never seemed to extend to my legs. No matter how ballooned I was when I was borderline toxic and great with child, my ankles barely swelled.
I have to admit that I never ever considered any part of me bodacious, because seriously? That's so Beverly Hillbillies and when I think of them I tend to remember that old out house and ...
My legs. That's my answer and I'm stickin' to it.
Now it's your turn. Answer the challenge and then head on over to Jane's and post the link. Go on now, shoo!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Why is it that each of us is the last to know how beautiful she is on the inside and the outside? I'm glad you're on the road to discovery, Beck. God bless! Love, Syl
Post a Comment