I'm totally feeling very un-bodacious today, so I thought I should get caught up before Jane posts a new one.:)
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet...
•Why were you given your name?
I have to say I honestly don't know. I do know that I was not named for my father's boss' wife. Mother said that emphatically over the years. *laughs*
•What does it mean?
Rebecca: Servant Of God.
Origin: Hebrew
•Has your name influenced you as a person / your personality?
I didn't care much for my name when I was a child. Growing up in the early 1960's, I was teased and called "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm." Girls today would be hard-pressed to even know what that meant. 'Becky' was perky, and not sophisticated and 'normal' like my friends' names. In grade school I only knew one other 'Becky', and only one more in High School. When I reached college age, I began to use Rebecca on printed music programs; it sounded more professional to me.
•What does your name mean to you?
The meaning given up above is amazing considering that almost all of my professional life has been spent as a church musician and choir director. I have also raised serving on and chairing committees to a new level, but that's another story.
Follow along over at Jane's blog!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Hmmm... I wonder if the boss had a hot wife! ;)
Not at all! I remember her. :D
Post a Comment