I've been putting off posting, but I need to go ahead and give some sort of rundown about life here in the sunny south. From the highs of our Thanksgiving trip and then finishing NaNoWriMo, came the lowest of the lows when I was laid of from my job on December 11th. Two weeks before Christmas? Yes, the timing couldn't have been much worse. I didn't see it coming at all. I knew there were going to be cuts in staff, but had been assured that my department would be safe.
So yes, I was blindsided on that one and it was pretty devastating. I didn't make a fortune, but it certainly contributed to the running of the household. It took me until Christmas Eve to stop weeping at the drop of a hat. Anyway, in spite of that, we did have a lovely holiday.
Christmas Eve we finished up our shopping and had a nice lunch at the local mall. The afternoon was very laid back and in the evening we had our candle light service at church. It was packed and it's always a great start to Christmas.
Christmas morning we opened gifts and went back to the church at 10. We had volunteered to help serve the community meal, and we served free meals to over 350 people, both the homeless and the simply lonely. It was an amazing experience. In the late afternoon we headed south to spend time with the rest of our local family, and had a wonderful meal out on the patio in the gorgeous south Florida evening.
All in all, in spite of the loss of job and missing our Marine Son™ and his wife, it was a lovely holiday. We are blessed beyond belief and every day on earth is a miracle.
Speaking of miracles? I hope you've been following the story of Anissa, the link is over there to the right. She's a true miracle.
God bless you all, and may your days be sunny and bright.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Wrapping up the holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment