A friend posted the link to this video. It isn't a show I watch, so I might never have seen it otherwise. I was touched and yes, a little sniffly, but when the judges were overcome? That was it. And as I wept I realized that today was/is my older sister's birthday. If she had beaten breast cancer, she would have been 69 today.
This is a horrid, horrid disease. Please help fight to eradicate it.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Happy birthday, Harriet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Oh, Becky - how beautiful. And a special Happy Birthday to who was obviously, a wonderful sister.
I didn't realize you two were so far apart in age. She would have been my mom's age.
*hugs*
Thank you, Heidi. Yes, she was in high school when I was born and we weren't really close until after I married and had children of my own. Then were were more like equals. :)
Sounds just like my mom and her sister - interestingly enough. They're 14 years apart.
I knew there was a reason, besides rekindling of friendship, that we were reunited. It wasn't just our love of music. We both cherish memories, collect and share them, and realize the impact they have had on our lives. I have always said, "I am a keeper of the past... for the future". Amazing what G-d has brought back together, my friend...
It was so amazingly wonderful to see you again today. This doesn't end here. Really. *hugs*
Post a Comment