I've been tagged! The rules are oh so simple.
Step #1 - Link to the person who tagged you. That was Kara! I met Kara on Plurk and we share a current home town, although she will be moving out of state soon. Going back home, actually, and getting married. :)
Step #2 - Write Five Fun/Interesting Facts about yourself. This gives fellow bloggers (and your readership) a chance to actually get to know you better.
1. I love lighthouses. I have no idea where this fascination originated, but when hubby and I went to Maine for our 25th anniversary, he indulged me by slogging through the woods so that I could take pictures of an otherwise inaccessible lighthouse. He's taking me to see another one in San Francisco in a couple of weeks.
2. I also love cemeteries. As a child, my mother would drag me all over West Virginia searching for old family headstones to help with her sister's genealogy research. I find them fascinating, and fortunately my hubby does too. That trip to Maine? We fought hoards of angry mosquitoes to take pics of some over-200 year old headstones.
3. I love setting up new computers. The thrill of taking a new one out of the box and customizing it to my own liking is just ... *shivers with delight*
4. I was a church choir director for over 22 years. My mother discovered me 'conducting' my dolls one afternoon when I was 5 or 6, pretending to be our choir director. I eventually succeeded her when she moved away, and remained as director at my home church until it closed in 2006.
5. My favorite music to sing is the Renaissance Madrigal. In college, I sang with the Madrigal ensemble for four years, each year as a part of the Christmas Madrigal Dinner. Then, later on, hubby and I were part of a madrigal quartet that performed for over ten years at the Renaissance Festival at Vizcaya, here in Miami.
Step #3 - Tag Six Other People and link to their blogs. Then let them know you’ve tagged them by twittering them or leaving a comment on their blog.
My tags include some friends from Plurk (a social networking site).
1. Mind over Mullis
2. Between Keyboard and Chair
3. Messy Stuff: A Life with MS and Other Ramblings
4. The Dangling Conversation
5. Womb Quake
6. Maple Mama
Tag! You're it!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Aha! You suspect me of having at least five interesting characteristics. You are very optimistic (bless your heart). Alrighty then, let's see what I can come up with. Does downright odd equal interesting?
Post a Comment